Sunday 14 June 2015

Buttercups on a dull day at Pilgrims Hall



I took these pictures a month ago at Pilgrims Hall
and did not get to post them
The day began bright but quickly changed into a dull and grey day



I took them mainly because it was Buttercup time and the fields were massed with yellow


The winds had finished this tree off



A little reflection in the dew ponds


In the dullness the pictures just do not show the vibrant yellow



Horse chestnuts in bloom




and the Wild Garlic in abundance


with a few Bluebells mixed in






Finishing on a bright note

7 comments:

Needled Mom said...

The flowers are so pretty. I love the Rhodies.

La Petite Gallery said...

Tell me about weather that turns on a dime.
We also have Grey days.
I saw my first horse Chestnut tree we I came to Maine.
I have a small one and I will be 6ft under before it blooms.
Loved the post and blue bells just planted some, hope they grow.
Have a great week yvonne

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I have seen those trees blooming around here and wondered what they were. Thanks to you I now know. Looks like a wonderful place to visit.

Elizabeth said...

Love seeing g the horse chestnuts in bloom.
We have so few of them here!

Vee said...

Oh I see that our butter ups have just begun to bloom...a full month behind you! That was one massive tree that toppled in the wind. A lot of clean up for someone. The flowers are always lovely, the grounds at Pilgrims Hall so well maintained.

Sara at Come Away With Me said...

All those cheery buttercups brighten the dullness of the day. That upturned tree is massive! It's very lovely there on the grounds of Pilgrim's Hall.

La Petite Gallery said...

I planted a 1 foot horse chestnut tree 5 years ago and it is now 3 feet tall. I will never see it bloom. yvonne